Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Digital Divide

The digital divide project was very eye opening as Megan and I associated this divide to the support that our population of students deeply needs. By researching digital divide, Megan and I quickly saw the faces of our students, many of whom are in the low income category. How can we make technology more accessible for these kids? The digital divide is an ethical issue that needs to be addressed (NETS Standard for Teacher Social, ethical, legal, and human issues). There needs to be a greater emphasis for meeting the needs of low income students and making it a priority to provide professional development for teachers. 


We communicated via skype and created an animoto for this presentation. I enjoyed the animoto for graduate work but also for potential classroom use. The animoto is very user friendly and can be interpreted similarly to voicethread, which I use on a monthly basis with my students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment